California Fire Lawyers Announce New Lawsuit Filed Against SoCal Edison for Southern California Fires

//California Fire Lawyers Announce New Lawsuit Filed Against SoCal Edison for Southern California Fires

Lawsuit Alleges Thomas, Creek and Rye fires caused by Corporate Negligence; Fires Collectively Damaged more than 300,000 Acres and Destroyed more than 1,000 structures

LOS ANGELES, January 9, 2018 – Late last week, nationally recognized attorneys from Baron & Budd; Singleton Law Firm; Dixon Diab & Chambers LLP; Thorsnes Bartolotta McGuire LLP; and Terry Singleton, Esq.; collectively known as the California Fire Lawyers, announced that the team has filed suit in Los Angeles County on behalf of six plaintiffs who sustained injuries or other incurred damages as a result of the Thomas, Creek and Rye fires which began on December 4, 2017 (Case No. BC688977).

In the suit, the firms allege that the fires began when electrical infrastructure owned, operated and maintained by Southern California Edison (“SCE”) failed causing a spark and igniting surrounding vegetation. As a result of this alleged wrongdoing, the three fires claimed the life of a firefighter, burned more than 300,000 acres and destroyed more than 1,000 structures.

The suit goes on to state that damages suffered by the plaintiffs include, but are not limited to: personal injuries, damage to or destruction of property, loss of cherished possessions, medical bills, evacuation expenses and lost wages.

“Our early investigation strongly indicates that Southern California Edison’s electrical infrastructure is to blame for causing these historic fires,” said Gerald Singleton, principal attorney at The Singleton Law Firm. “Through this litigation, we are holding SoCal Edison accountable so that these individuals and their families can begin the process of rebuilding their lives.”

“Wires carrying electricity, and electrical infrastructure are dangerous instruments and should be properly installed and maintained as part of any utility provider’s commitment and obligation to public safety,” said Scott Summy of Baron & Budd, P.C. “We believe that these fires were caused by SoCal Edison’s failure to keep their service delivery safe and they need to be held liable for this failure.”

Attorneys with the California Fire Lawyers group have a history of fighting for victims of wildfires, securing more than $650 million for 4,000 victims of previous fires, including the 2007 San Diego Fires, the 2010 San Bruno Explosion, and the 2015 Butte Fire. The group currently represents more than 500 victims of the October 2017 Northern California wildfires against Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E).

If you were impacted by these fires and wish to discuss your legal options, please call us at 805-491-9947. Additional information can be found online at www.CaliforniaFireLawyers.com.

2018-01-17T14:44:54+00:00January 9th, 2018|